In the middle of the 19th century, a mill was built in Gallenca and then became in the early 20th century of the Peila family. The mill begins its production taking advantage of the generous and perennial waters of the favria roggia, coming from the Orc above Cuorgnè. The oldest nucleus of the structure is used as a tannery, the hooks to which the skins were hung were still visible under the balconies.
In 1920 the milling structure was purchased by Domenico Peila who carried on the family tradition with the production of soft wheat flour, then expanding in 1924 with a new building the part already exists. Later enlarged and enhanced in the 1960s and 1970s by his children, in the late 1980s he was converted to corn grinding by the founder's grandchildren, who glimpsed what would have been developments in this area.
Today it represents one of the first examples of corporate transformation in the milling sector and counts important customers among the largest food companies at national and international level.